Assistant Buyer – Slough
Position: Assistant Buyer
Salary: up to £30K+ Package
My client, one of the UK’s leading Main Contractors have an excellent reputation within the industry, A multi-disciplined firm that have a presence across all major construction & civil engineering markets. They have been able to do this by hiring talented candidates within the sector and providing them with excellent training, interesting projects and a structured career path to allow them to grow to their full potential all while fostering an inclusive work environment that allows their employees from all walks of life to feel valued. This role is a buyer position within the procurement team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Source commodities & placing orders
- Support strategic sourcing tasks including Requests for Information (RFIs) and Requests for Proposals (RFPs) to maximise value for money across a range of Direct sub-categories;
- Proactively build and maintain strong relationships with all stakeholders;
- Undertake strategic supplier relationship management (SRM)
- Develop and analyse procurement management information.
- Support the sourcing of one-off items for special items not part of frameworks;
- Identifying key trends or opportunities for cost reduction;
- Seek involvement to advise business on Procurement related activity and best practice;
- Ensure internal spend compliance.
- 1-2 years’ experience as an assistant buyer for a main contractor or subcontractor
- Strong negotiation, communication, interpersonal and influencing skills;
- Knowledge of the construction/civils market;
- Strong negotiating skills;
- Some working knowledge of the main forms of contract, NEC;
My Client will offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and generous bonus. In addition, they offer a detailed and substantial development and training program that they encourage their employees to take advantage of.
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK to be considered for this role. If you have any other questions feel free to call me on 0207 167 4806 or alternatively please send in a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org