Salary: up to £40K+ Package
My client, one of the UK’s leading Main Contractors have an excellent reputation within the industry, A multi-disciplined firm that have a presence across all major construction & civil engineering markets. They have been able to do this by hiring talented candidates within the sector and providing them with excellent training, interesting projects and a structured career path to allow them to grow to their full potential all while fostering an inclusive work environment that allows their employees from all walks of life to feel valued. This role is a buyer position within the procurement team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Procuring materials.
- Hiring plant, including cabins, forklifts, fencing, cranes and transport etc., within budgets and in time to progress works on site.
- To produce monthly budgetary control reports on all materials purchased for each site.
- Resolving disputes with suppliers
- Attending & reporting on procurement matters at each site’s monthly progress meeting.
- Aiding the estimating department in obtaining pre-tender quotations and resolve material specification issues
- 2-3 years’ experience as a buyer for a main contractor
- Strong negotiation, communication, interpersonal and influencing skills;
- Knowledge of the construction/civils market;
- Ability to raise and accept requisition orders;
- Strong negotiating skills;
- Some working knowledge of the main forms of contract, NEC;
My Client will offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and generous bonus. In addition, they offer a detailed and substantial development and training program that they encourage their employees to take advantage of.
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK to be considered for this role. If you have any other questions feel free to call me on 0207 167 4806 or alternatively please send in a CV to email@example.com