Data Centre Engineer – West London
This Data Centre Engineering role is with one of the largest facilities management companies in the UK. They work across a broad spectrum of sectors and have a specific requirement for an engineer with data centre experience for a large facility they manage in West London.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of critical / essential mechanical and electrical equipment within a large Data Centre, ensuring no loss time incidents or impact to business continuity.
- Escalation point of issues and support drives to provide root cause of facility issues
- Responsible for ensuring maintenance/ repairs are planned and executed to the best interest of the business
- Develop expertise in technical disciplines such as, Electrical Systems, Mechanical Systems, Building Maintenance / Automation
- Report status of progress in timely and accurate fashion
- React to incidents and events that may impact critical infrastructure
- Work autonomously to resolve support issues
- Operate with general guidance from supervisors, management, Project / Chief Engineers, and / or mentors
- Successfully operate critical equipment within the facility
There is a clear route for career development and we are looking for someone who is keen to progress and eager to join an ambitious company. You will ideally have the following:
- Intermediate understanding of Electro- Mechanical system
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Strong aptitude for troubleshooting and problem solving
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good attention to detail and organisational skills
- Strong judgment and instincts
- Able to prioritise in a complex, fast-paced environment
- Technical College Degree, or Qualified Tradesperson (Mechanical or Electrical)
- Strong relevant work experience in a critical services/data centre environment
- Leadership / Interpersonal / People Management Skills
The Plus Points
There are genuine opportunities for career development and progression with this contractor. They also invest heavily in training and successful applicants can expect long and rewarding careers.