This Design Manager’s role is with one of the leading main contractors specialising in the residential sector. They work on both new build and refurbishment projects and this specific role is within their new build division which works on projects ranging in value from £20m – £50m primarily for the affordable housing market.
- An experienced Design Manager with at least 5 years relevant experience working as a Design Manager for a main contractor.
- You will be required to take ownership of the contractor’s design team in terms of their delivery and be standalone in terms of management
- Experience in the new build residential sector is essential.
- Identify design requirements for the bid from the clients brief
- To deliver the correct design by realising the design opportunities and mitigating the risks to ensure bid winning solutions
- Develop and compile the design proposals for inclusion within the contractor’s documentation
- Select and assess design team or if notated undertake appropriate checks
- Appoint the design team, agree schedules of responsibilities and fee agreements for services/design deliverables and resourcing requirements
- Manage the Design Team, the design development and design review process
- Manage and monitor performance of consultants to liaise with Statutory Bodies or Statutory Authorities for compliance sign off
- Undertake regular site inspections to make sure the built product meets design intent and take appropriate action if not
- Manage and monitor design delivery against agreed deliverable dates
- Be responsible for developing the design programme with consultants and planner for bids or projects.
The Plus Points
This is a great opportunity to join a busy and ambitious main contractor who are well positioned to take advantage of the increase in residential development. They offer good career progression opportunities and offer a very competitive salary and package.