Position: Graduate Project Manager
Salary: Highly Competitive Salary
This Graduate Project Manager’s role is with a leading project management consultancy that covers a variety of sectors across the construction industry. This role will be office-based operating out of the residential division of the company’s Kent office.
As this is a graduate position you will receive training and development in all areas of the role and your duties will include.
- Liaise closely with Clients, Contractors, Developers.
- Comply with or improve upon Key Performance Indicators.
- Report on a regular basis on status of projects and update Fee Projections.
Pre-Contract Procedures and Administration
- Deal with/organising all pre-contract investigations, surveys and other due diligence issues required by Clients, including sustainability issues.
- Preparation of cost plans in conjunction with our Cost Consultant Team, risk appraisals and management of same.
- Whole Life Cost appraisals.
- Project manage where applicable other consultants on behalf of client.
- Undertake all client funding and development control requirements.
- Prepare Employer’s Requirements and Performance Specifications.
- Amend contracts, prepare Build Agreements and JCT contracts.
- Tendering (single & 2-stage) including EU Procurement Analysis & Reporting.
- Ensure the appropriate stage invoices are issued.
- Reviewing schemes against NDSS requirements and advising clients accordingly.
Post Contract Procedures and Administration
- Co-ordinate management of both S106 schemes and more complex land led projects ensuring timely and satisfactory delivery to Clients.
- Chair and minute site meetings; immediate issue of minutes to all relevant parties.
- Regular site inspections; prompt reporting of same.
- Timely issue of relevant Instructions, Certificates and Notices.
- Assess contractor payment applications & advise client on cashflow forecast.
- Carry out/organise pre-handover inspections, including recording gas, electric, water meter readings etc.
- Carry out/organise End of Defects Inspections; monitor defects; issue relevant Certificates/Notices.
- Prepare Final Accounts (claims where applicable) & issue Final Statements.
The Plus Points
This is a great chance to join a growing company with a professional and enjoyable working environment. You will be given good support and training and there will be opportunity to progress your career.