Position: Project Manager – Housing – New Build
Location: East Sussex
Salary: To £85,000 + Package
Project Manager required by an award winning, 5* House Builder to lead a new build development of bespoke houses and low rise flats in Newhaven, reporting to a visiting Contracts Manager.
Company Overview: Our client is an award winning, 5* House Builder with an enviable reputation.
Project: 100 bespoke 3-5 bedroom houses for private sale plus 40 low rise flats.
Position: We require a Project Manager to manage the project from inception through to final handover and be fully responsible for all day to day site activities.
Duties will include:
- Day to day management of construction activities in order to maximise profitability and customer satisfaction whilst ensuring programme, Health and Safety and Quality Control are upheld to the highest of standards at all times.
- Implementing and maintaining SHE procedures
- Co-ordination of Subcontractors H&S ensuring RAM’s are in place prior to setting to work.
- Awareness of the Procurement Strategy supporting with PM/QS in monitoring procurement acting as required to ensure the timely appointment of subcontractors
- Attendance as required at Pre-contract meetings with Subcontractors.
- Regular monitoring of progress assisting the Contracts Manager in reporting progress and managing works to the contract and target programmes.
- Short term programming.
- Review drawings for build ability and compliance ensuring flow of all latest information to the supply chain.
- Support and assist in negotiations and orders with Utility Companies to ensure timely installation of all incoming services
- Sub-contractor pre-commencement meetings, progress meetings and recording including minutes
- Works quality inspections & checks
- Complete necessary take offs for ordering of materials as required
- Commercial awareness – understand the commercial situation and strategy.
- Awareness of the Project Profit Plan and your role in implementing this. Know the prelims budget and manage expenditure on the likes of site set up and consumables accordingly.
- Good communication skills with a particular focus on Customer Service.
Individual: You will have a good track record of delivering new build housing schemes, preferably traditional build.
Our client are seeking a confident and driven candidate who is able to self-motivate and take pride in their project.
In return, an excellent salary is on offer and long term future work is guaranteed!