Position: Project Quantity Surveyor
My client is one of the leading Residential developers in the country, with an excellent reputation in the industry (demonstrated by their excellent rating on the glass door website) and an annual turnover in excess of £1bn.
They have an excellent reputation in the industry for developing young talent for senior positions within the industry and have a dedicated internal training team to help their staff progress their careers and improve their existing skillset.
They have a large pipeline of work with 6 new projects due to start in the next few months. The company are looking to recruit a driven Project Surveyor to work out of their Watford office.
They can offer prestigious projects, career progression and training to help aid your professional development along with a relaxed working environment (where everyone is out the door by 5:30), local projects and a great work life balance that will ensure career success doesn’t have to come at a cost to your personal life.
The Project Surveyor will be working within the 10 strong commercial department managing all commercial activities onsite, working closely with the design & construction team to monitor build costs against the programme.
Your duties include
- Cost Valuation Reporting
- Procurement and management of Subcontract accounts
- Submission & Negotiations of Final Accounts
- To maintain established profit margin
- To price all works in line with current market conditions
- To improve where possible company profits
- To manage target costs
- To prepare monthly cost reconciliation for Division Manager
It is essential that the successful candidate;
- intelligent, driven to succeed and keen to learn
- Previous experience leading a residential new build project from inception through to completion for a main contractor or developer
- Proven track record of delivery of construction projects
- Excellent communication skills
- Solid commercial acumen
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent (BSc Quantity Surveying preferred)
You have to be eligible to live and work in the UK to be considered for this role. If you have any other questions feel free to call me on 0207 167 4806 or alternatively please send in a CV to email@example.com