Job Title Quantity Surveyor
Reporting to Commercial Director
Salary up to £55k+package
The client are privately owned main contractor that specialise in the refurbishment sector. They are medium sized firm with over 100 employees. They are looking for a talented Quantity Surveyor capable of running their own projects to join their social housing refurbishment division with a view to running a £5m-a-year internal and external social housing refurbishment project.
Financial management of individual contracts of various values, including ensuring allocated contracts are delivered on time, within budget, safely and to the Clients requirements and in line with Company procedures and objectives all with assistance where necessary.
General Duties/Key Responsibilities:
Control the financial aspects of projects to deliver company objectives including, but not limited to;
- To prepare timely valuations in accordance with the contract documents.
- To detail variations and advise the client accordingly.
- To procure projects via various sub-contractors.
- To liaise with appropriate Contracts Manager and place appropriate orders with sub-contractors with full contract details and relevant clauses.
- To value sub-contractor accounts.
- To prepare and submit contractual notices to sub-contractors.
- To set out extension of time claims including cost recovery.
- To assist the Contract Managers in the preparation of any contractual letters to sub-contractors or clients.
- To maintain a timely CVR system for the company.
- To raise sub-contractor orders and payment certificates on computerised system.
- To adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- All other ad-hoc duties for the benefit of the company in line with the position held.
- Self-driven, results orientated with a positive outlook.
- Good planner and able to assess own performance.
- Reliable, tolerant, empathetic, team player.
- Well-presented and business-like.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Specific Job Skills
- Ability to accurately value works.
- Ability to accurately measure works on-site or from drawings.
- Set up files in line with the standard filing structure, in order to maintain a high standard of records and general efficiency.
- Ensure that financial information that needs to be communicated to others is reported accurately and to time.
- Adept in the use of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Familiar with Microsoft Project.
- Excellent people management skills, personable and good communicator.
- Able to maintain excellent Client and supply chain relationships.
- Able to work to tight deadlines and under stressful conditions.
- Able to performance manage personal and business goals.
- Able to self-manage punctuality, attendance and time.
You have to be eligible to live & work in the UK to be considered for this role. If you have any other questions feel free to call me on 0207 167 4806 or alternatively please send in a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org