Quantity Surveyor – Birmingham
Position: Quantity Surveyor
Salary: £40-50k + car allowance + package
My client is a large main contractor that specialises in the interior and fit-out industry with an annual turnover in excess of £100m a year. They operate nationwide and work across a range of sectors including retail, commercial, hospitality, leisure and education interiors division.
To help cater for the increased work streams they are looking to hire a Quantity Surveyor. They will join the existing commercial team to work on a retail fit out and refurbishment projects with individual projects varying from £50k up to £5m.
My client is offering a competitive salary, excellent long term career prospects and great training.
- Ensure the commercial function within the business unit effectively supports the operational teams in the implementation of H & S policies
- Regularly reviews, provides guidance and challenges strategic project & business unit objectives
- Ensure the delivery of high-quality commercial reports to the client on time.
- Issuing of tender enquiries and package reconciliation
- Regular reviews group CR policies and ensure project teams are updated
- Agree external valuations/ cash flow to maximise project value
- Agree and produce main and subcontract final accounts with Surveying Manager
- Regular review of subcontract safety audits prior to payment authorisation
- Ensure subcontract documentation is SHE Group policy compliant
- Demonstrate a good understanding of refurbishment and fit-out projects.
The successful individual will have a minimum of 3-5 years post graduate experience in the construction industry and ideally will have worked for main contractors in the past. They will be driven and committed, keen to impress and happy to take instruction.
You have to be eligible to live and work in the UK to be considered for this role. If you have any other questions feel free to call me on 0207 167 4806 or alternatively please send in a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org