Candidate: Senior Quantity Surveyor
Salary: £75-80k+ package
My client is an industry leading main contractor with an annual turnover in excess £1billion.
The work-based out of this office mainly consists of retail and commercial projects. These works tend to be fast-paced refurbishment projects on frameworks for leading British and international retailers. The work has been won on a long term framework providing guaranteed project schemes and plenty of security for the next 5 years.
They are a leading figure within the market & have built an excellent reputation within the industry especially within the refurbishment market where over the last decade they have cherry-picked leading talent in the industry to create a senior management team to envy.
This team has led the company into a very exciting period of expansion culminating in them achieving record profit & turnover figures (approaching £2bn) for the last year, with these figures expected to be surpassed yet again next year.
They will provide you with not only a highly competitive remuneration package but will also provide a clear pathway for professional development. Not just through promotion opportunities but they will also look to further hone and develop your professional skills through their excellent training systems developed as part of their continued commitment to invest heavily in their staff.
The successful individual will have a minimum of 7 years post-graduate experience in the construction industry and must have worked for main contractors in the past. They will have a steady employment background and will have been the commercial lead. Previous experience working on the interior and fit-out projects is vital.
The ideal candidate will have a professional, proactive approach. You will be an effective communicator and have experience in negotiating, both internally & externally with customers. This role would suit a candidate with an organised & methodical nature who is happy to work individually and as part of the wider project team.
- Attend tender presentations for new projects, contribute, lead commercially and present
- During the proposal stage, prepare the budget and prelims build-up, obtain and vet trade contractor bids, compile company information section for the proposal document & collate the overall document
- Develop an initial concept budget and prepare a detailed cost plan for the Project Manager to agree with the client
- Prepare and monitor the bid package tender schedule & report against the cost plan where required
- Advise client on contract procurement routes available
- Agree 2nd stage lump sum tenders and GMP’s
- Prepare and monitor Subcontract Procurement Schedule, compile trade contract bid documents and carry out tender analysis and issue purchase orders.
- Place orders and instruct trade contractors.
- Advise on product selection, specifications and assist with the value engineering
- Advise on the selection of trade contractors
- Prepare financial section of project report
- Attend design team meetings and trade contractor meetings
- Manage change orders in conjunction with the Site Manager
- Prepare, submit and agree monthly costs reports
- Prepare, submit and agree valuations for work completed with trade contractors and the client
- Instruct accounts to invoice clients, pay subcontractors and suppliers
- Closeout financial account and retention releases
- Prepare final account reconciliation (CVR), and prepare the monthly cost & progress report for Directors
- Prepare monthly cost reports
- Internal reporting via billing monitors, MCR’s and interim CVR’s
- Car/Travel Allowance
- Competitive Family Friendly Policies
- Private medical cover
- Pension matching scheme