Position Senior Quantity Surveyor
Salary Up to £65K dependant on experience + Bonus + Company Car + Benefits package+ 26 days annual holiday
My client are a one of the best firms in the country. A main contractor that covers most sectors and has built an excellent reputation within the industry. They are an award winning firm who have fostered an excellent working atmosphere helped by allowing their employees to enjoy a healthy work-life balance. They cover a wide range of projects with this role located in their highways division that provides high quality asset strategy, management and planning consultancy services to a wide range of public and private sector customers
They have won a number of new projects and are looking to appoint a Senior Quantity Surveyor to work on a highways maintenance project.
You will be responsible for all the commercial aspects of projects from appraisal and validation of subcontractor applications. Other duties will include
- Contractual administration of high value Framework Subcontractors;
- Commercial resolution of Subcontract accounts, including Framework Subcontractors;
- Commercial resolution with Clients of Scheme outcomes, including payments;
- Operation of Scheme Change Control;
- Estimating/pricing support to Schemes;
- Client and Supply Chain Framework liaison;
- Quantity surveying activities in Delivery;
- General Quantity Surveying support/duties.
The successful candidate will have the following qualities and experience;
- At least 5-7 years working as a Quantity Surveyor for a Main Contractor
- NEC Contract knowledge and experience required;
- Experience of Multi-Scheme working required, preferably in a Maintenance and Renewal environment;
- Professional quantity surveying qualifications preferred;
- Good IT and presentation skills;
- A good communicator, capable of direct dealings with prestigious Clients;
- Experience in working in a large team;
- Contractual diligence, including a good contractual writer;
- Numerical diligence;
- Dedicated and conscientious.
A degree is preferred but not essential and the candidate will be able to display sound financial acumen.
You have to be eligible to live and work in the UK to be considered for this role. If you have any other questions feel free to call me on 0207 167 4806 or alternatively please send in a CV to email@example.com