Position Senior Quantity Surveyor
Salary Generous basic depending on experience + Bonus + Company Car + Benefits package+ 26 days annual holiday
Fantastic opportunity to join a leading Global main contractor !
One of the biggest names in the Civil Engineering Sector is looking to appoint a Senior Quantity Surveyor.
They have successfully delivered an enviable portfolio of award-winning projects that contain some of the most iconic schemes in the country. They have been able to do this by hiring talented candidates within the sector & providing them with excellent training, interesting projects & a structured career path to allow them to grow to their full potential all while fostering an inclusive work environment that allows their employees from all walks of life to feel valued. This role is in their highways division that provides high quality asset strategy, management & planning consultancy services to a wide range of public and private sector customers
They have won several new projects and are looking to appoint a Senior Quantity Surveyor to work on a long term highways project.
You will be responsible for all the commercial aspects of projects from appraisal and validation of subcontractor applications. Other duties will include
- Contractual administration of high value Framework Subcontractors;
- Commercial resolution of Subcontract accounts, including Framework Subcontractors;
- Commercial resolution with Clients of Scheme outcomes, including payments;
- Operation of Scheme Change Control;
- Estimating/pricing support to Schemes;
- Client and Supply Chain Framework liaison;
- Quantity surveying activities in Delivery;
- General Quantity Surveying support/duties.
The successful candidate will have the following qualities and experience;
- Minimum of 5-7 years working as a Quantity Surveyor for a Main Contractor
- NEC Contract knowledge and experience a must.
- Experience of Multi-Scheme working required, preferably in a Maintenance and Renewal environment;
- Professional quantity surveying qualifications preferred;
- Good IT and presentation skills;
- A good communicator, capable of direct dealings with prestigious Clients;
- Experience in working in a large team;
- Contractual diligence, including a good contractual writer;
- Numerical diligence;
- Dedicated and conscientious.
A degree is preferred but not essential and the candidate will be able to display sound financial acumen.
You have to be eligible to live and work in the UK to be considered for this role. If you have any other questions, feel free to call me on 0207 167 4806 or alternatively please send in a CV.