Position: Senior Quantity Surveyor
Remuneration: Highly Competitive salary + Bonus + Car Allowance + Generous package
The successful candidate will be responsible for the commercial success of two residential developments within Essex and will be reporting into the Commercial Manager. The first project is an RC frame new build scheme based near Basildon with a value of circa £16m, the second project consists of 68 new build units the combined value for the project will be £27.5m.
The responsibilities of the role will be to;
- Manage and drive subcontract procurement, deliver the procurement to a programme ensuring timely placed orders. Identify risks, gains, areas of design input or potential value engineering. Establish & monitor subcontract resources.
- Produce and issue accurate and timely CVCs ensuring preliminary and material costs/forecasts are managed. Preparation of CVC’s to be reviewed with Technical, Production and Purchasing disciplines. CVC’s prepared for review by Commercial Manager/Regional Director approval.
- Produce comprehensive subcontract orders; manage their return and completion with accurate records taken.
- Administer Subcontractors accounts, in accordance with the subcontracts, including valuing, re-measuring and certifying timely payments.
- Prepare, agree and issue valuations in accordance with contract requirements. Produce Contract Sum Analyses and cash flow forecasts, ensuring a positive cash flow is maintained for the project.
- Attend and actively partake in Design meetings, Client meetings and Internal Team meetings, and actively drive to pursue Value Engineering options.
- Manage the client’s final account, inclusive of delivering an agreement of contract variations, communication of their outcome, implications and the preparation of forecast final accounts.
- Responsible for cash management of projects, by minimising costs and maximising value through proactive analysis and facilitation of works packages.
- Manage the contract finishes schedule, review and evaluation of specification costs and alternatives. Work towards closing out an accurate value engineered finishes specification delivered within the works on site.
- Control and accurately report cost together with future financial projections.
- Work in partnership with all departments; assist in driving communications & problem-solving.
- Manage other members of the commercial staff, support and maximise their output carry out their appraisals and performance reviews
The successful individual will be able to demonstrate a sound contractual and commercial knowledge. They will ideally be degree educated or hold a similar qualification such as an HNC. They will be able to display a stable career history with previous experience working for a reputable and well known main contractor. They will have experience in various forms of contract but in particular JCT with Contractors D&B.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a package befitting the responsibilities and seniority of the position. This will include a highly competitive basic salary, Annual Bonus Car Allowance or Company Car, Private Healthcare, Pension, Life Assurance, 25 days annual leave.
You have to be eligible to live and work in the UK to be considered for this role. If you have any other questions feel free to call me on 0207 167 4806 or alternatively please send in a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org